Btw. 'Liebster' is german, meaning 'dearest'
Thanks so much Sharon, I feel honoured!
Sadly I'm not into awards and I got no BJD-Dolls, ... but will gladly answer some questions.
(And be warned: showing some photos. I dived into my archive finding many pictures and memories.
1.What drew you to the hobby?
My first doll...
2. What was your first doll? Why did you choose that one?
In the 80th, I watched a shopwindow of a toy store, and there was a Kaethe Kruse doll.
I fell in love with her.
I was always 'seing pictures' and love to photograph since I was a child.
This doll was like a picture and perhaps kind of a consolation for the children I lost with miscarriage.
The next one was a Sasha 'White Dress', found naked in a fleamarket.
4. Did you sell any dolls in 2015?
I do want to have a more homogenius collection, almost entirely Sasha Morgenthaler. So I sold some dolls. But in the past I see many collector moving from collecting to more and more trading.
This is not my aim.
6. What style best describes your doll collection?
7. What sort of aesthetics do you look for in a doll?
I'm collecting contemporary dolls for children with a neutral, serious expression. Sasha and Kaethe Kruse are still the most convincing pieces.
But I still have some Tonner 'Sydney Chase' dolls, a Gene Marshall, a Kish, a Mahi and some SMALL Annette Himstedts.
|Kish 1995 LE 'Little match girl'|
|Himstedt Clubmini 2003 'Kati'|
|Tonner Sydney Chase 'Check this out'|
|Himstedt Clubmini 1998 'Lieschen'|
|2 Tonner 'Marley Wenthworth' -redressed:)|
|Tonner 'Tiny Kitty'|
Kind of; for combining collecting, fun and photography.
- I don't like 'displaying' dolls. After some days one do not perceive them anymore. It's better moving them from storage to play -and back :)
9. What is your 2016 doll wish list?
A Yamka ...
10. Do you have a 'fantasy' wish list? (i.e. dolls that you will never own unless you won lotto etc.)
No. I got the strong feeling, that I've spend already too much for dolls. I don't want to loose the relations to the really important things in life. I don't need dolls, expensive like juwels (- and also don't need such juwels *g)
11. What do you love most about the hobby?
Animate dollies. Let them tell stories. Picture them. And as Sharon wrote: having that warm contact to people, sharing interests, thoughts and pics.